The Final Destination 5 Trailer and Review



Director: Steven Quale
Writers: Eric Heisserer, Jeffrey Reddick (characters)
Stars: Nicholas D'Agosto, Emma Bell and Arlen Escarpeta

If you are completely new to the Final Destination Series I would say this is a bad place to start. Go see the first 3 (See part 4 at your own risk, not as good as the rest). I was not expecting another film because the last one was titled "The Final Destination", they Didn't even call it Final Destination 4. This movie has redeemed the quality of the series for me. One thing i really like is how every movie brought a lot of new up and coming actors/actresses and a lot have been good. Part 4 was so forgettable I don't remember any of the faces. Final Destination 5 is almost as good as part 2 But I enjoyed it a bit more then part 3. The story has the same formula which I do like but feared would make this one predictable. Instead they added a few more layers to the Story so as familiar as it feels it also feels new at the same time.

The Special Effects are top notch, I am not talking a lot of flashy stuff I am talking a lot of Blending to make everything seem a lot more real. The death scenes are raising the bar, you would think with what we have seen 4 times that it would have desensitized us a lot more but the whole Theater went "OOoooooo". The actors brought a lot of fresh faces but they where really good, I feel a lot of these people could be future stars one day, but maybe my standards are just very low due to how part 4 was (I need to stop mentioning part 4). Tony Todd (We all know him as the guy who played The Candy Man) reprises his creepy role as the Coroner who seems to be the only person who completely understands how Death works. I don't know about you but he still creeps me out after all these years, but hes a great actor non the less.

The Sounds was incredible, very loud and detailed, enough to make you jump. I can't get the song "Dust In The Wind" out of my head now, that movie made that song Eerie for life.

The 3D portion was OK, Like part 4 you will see Guts and stuff in your face which really makes it that much more intense. But its not what makes this movie so if you have to catch it on DVD you wont miss too much, but I didn't regret paying more to see it in 3D.

This is a movie where you want to go in as Fresh as possible, meaning you don't want to hear too many opinions about it or see too many clips. Its been a while since I came out of the Theater happy after seeing a really awesome movie, at the end it received an applause (Which is the first I witnessed live at the movies) I Highly recommend this one to any Fans of the series, and to those new comers as I mentioned watch the first 3 movies first, if you enjoy them any you might like this one too.




Advertisement

0 comments:

Post a Comment